MAKE THE MOVE TO APRISO
APRISO features the INTELLICOR® delayed- and extended-release delivery system and helps keep adult patients with ulcerative colitis (UC) in remission for up to 6 months.1
While the mechanism of action is unknown, mesalamine may decrease inflammation in the colon by blocking production of arachidonic acid metabolites.1
APRISO has been evaluated in two 6-month placebo-controlled trials, and for up to 24 months in an open-label extension study.1,2
APRISO is contraindicated in patients with hypersensitivity to salicylates, aminosalicylates, or any of the components in APRISO capsules.
- In clinical studies, ~7 of 10 patients in the intent-to-treat population maintained remission for up to 6 months with APRISO, compared with ~5.5 of 10 placebo patients1
Long-term Safety Profile
- APRISO has a well-established safety profile from a 6‑month controlled, and a 24‑month open‑label, trial. The efficacy of APRISO for treating UC beyond 6 months has not been established1,2
- Caution should be exercised when administering APRISO to patients with liver disease, known renal dysfunction or a history of renal disease
- The most common adverse events (≥3%) of APRISO-treated patients were headache, diarrhea, abdominal pain upper, nausea, nasopharyngitis, influenza-like illness, and sinusitis
- The recommended daily dosage is 4 APRISO 0.375-g capsules taken once daily (1.5 g/day) in the morning with or without food1
APRISO Instant Savings Card
Most eligible commercially insured patients may pay a $0 co-pay or out-of-pocket expense on their first APRISO prescription and $10 co-pays or out-of-pocket expense on all future prescriptions.* Eligible patients can sign up at www.aprisorx.com/apriso/savings-card.
*Maximum benefit of $110 off the first use and $100 off each subsequent use. Please see full eligibility criteria, terms and conditions contained on the reverse of the Instant Savings Card or on the APRISO patient website located at www.aprisorx.com.